Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Testing out my new UPS board I got from the other day.

Did a quick test with the new UPS board. I loaded the board with 12 x 18650 batteries. The batteries are made by Samsung and each battery has a capacity of 3500mAh. Took a couple of hours to charge them up, the batteries were around 3.55v before I charge them to 4.2v, it was drawing about 2.2A of current using the lightning connector.

The board has circuit protection to prevent overcharging and discharge. You must use batteries without circuit protection.

The charging connectors are non-standard, and there are 3 different inputs:

1. Lightning connector
2. USB 3.0 Micro B (The ones you plug into an external HDD case)
3. MicroUSB through the USB 3.0 Micro B.

I guess the company or guy is using alot of leftover components. The UPS board is cheap, around USD18.00 before shipping. My board comes with a 4 battery holders. If you choose the 2 battery holders, it will be slightly cheaper.

I tested it with 2 x Raspberry Pi 4, and it manage to start both of them. One of the Rpi is running off a Msata SSD.

Here are photos of the board with the battery holders.

The board says CH1 + CH2 = 2.2A Max. Not sure if it is a misprint, as I was running 2 Rpi4 with 1 attached Msata SSD.

The weird selection of charging ports. I was drawing about 2.2A through the lightning, and for the other around 2.0A.

Here are the rest of the photos:






 Stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Update on the IIAB RPi4 server and Odroid C2 SBC

I am done with the setup of the RPi 4, which will be running Internet-in-a-box (IIAB in short). The downloading of wiki's zim files, all...