Friday, May 1, 2020

Cyberdeck Update 01 May 2020 - Front Layout

I have ordered most of the major components.

Have included the external antenna connectors, maybe add a HackRF in the future?

I am using a AC to DC power supply (12VDC, 20A). For AC, there is a selector switch for 110VAC and 230VAC, will need to mod it so that it can be selected without have to open the case. I will probably put it next to the Incoming AC Power Meter, with a cover to prevent accidental switch over.

Will probably switch the power buttons location with the external antenna connectors location, because of noise interference, as I may locate the power supply closer to the Incoming AC Power Meter.

I need to calculate the amount of airflow, and select the DC fan to use, plus need to size the vent inlet and outlet opening sizes. The last thing I want to hear is loud air noise.

The vent outlet and the AC power cord connector can be closed using screw cap with O-ring to prevent water from getting in when not in use.

The case itself will be IP67 (at 1 meter depth for 30min, it will hold). Will do an immersion test at my workshop before the vent openings are cut and after they are cut.

I am trying to limit the entire Cyberdeck to no more than 6kg.  The case itself is about 2.2kg.

Here is the work in progress for the front layout. 





That's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Update on the IIAB RPi4 server and Odroid C2 SBC

I am done with the setup of the RPi 4, which will be running Internet-in-a-box (IIAB in short). The downloading of wiki's zim files, all...